In Tresorit for Business only the Owner of the Business Account can set Advanced Control up. Advanced Control enables Business Owners to enhance the security of the organization by resetting lost passwords and revoke lost or stolen devices for the users on their Business Account. We have more features on our Advanced control roadmap, please contact our team for further details.
How can I switch Advanced Control on for my Tresorit for Business?
We are doing a staged rollout and Advanced Control might not be available on all Business Plans. Please contact our team and request enabling Advanced Control to your Business Account.
Once you have access to it, take the following steps to enable Advanced Control:
- Visit the Settings tab in your Admin Center.
- Click the “Switch Advanced Control on” button and follow the flow.
- Review the important notes in the pop-up window and click “Next” if you accept these.
- Confirm switching on Advanced control by submitting your password (and complete the 2-step verification if needed).
What are the changes compared to Tresorit for Business when Advanced Control is switched on?
By switching Advanced Control on:
- password reset will be disabled on the Business Account Owner’s account.
- the ownership transfer of the Business Account will be unavailable.
- the Business Account Owner will have full control over Users' accounts in the Business Account.
- users will get notified about the change and will have to accept it to continue using Tresorit for Business.
- the Account Owner will be able to reset lost passwords and revoke lost or stolen devices for the users on their Business Account
Before switching Advanced Control on, make sure you save your password to a Password manager (eg. Lastpass or KeePass) or store it in a safe place. Also, make sure that the Admin who will be responsible for the Business Users' management holds the Ownership of your organization's Tresorit for Business account. Learn more about transferring the Ownership of a Tresorit for Business account.
Where can I track which users in the Business Account accepted changes with the Advanced Control?
- You can track the acceptance progress under the “Users” tab on your Admin Center.
- A new column appears in the list and the green thick or an orange clock icon will indicate the Advanced Control acceptance status.
Please note that once all your Business Users accepted the change, this column will disappear.
If the Owner of the Business Account decides to switch Advanced Control off, it will affect all user’s accounts, and the above-mentioned features will not be available. The option to switch Advanced Control on will be still available, but all users will have to accept the change again.