There are cases, when a new release is rough around the edges, and even though we always try to make sure that testing, testing and testing is a part of the rollout process, you might have run into bugs in Tresorit. We've created this short guide to help you effectively report issues you encounter, so we can fix them as quickly as possible.
Create a screenshot (or .gif) that explains the issue
Take a screenshot of your full browser window, if possible, please make sure that the issue is visible. Please include as much information as possible: even if you do not want to show us your bookmarks and personal data (which we fully understand!), please try to create a screenshot, where the address bar should be visible, besides the error itself.
Create a log file
Open your browser's developer tools. You can access it via the following commands:
- Chrome: Ctrl + Shift + I / Command + Shift + I
- Firefox: Ctrl + Shift + K / Command + Shift + K
- Edge: F12
- Internet Explorer: F12
- If errors are not present, leave your developer console open and try to reproduce the issue in the Tresorit Web Access.
- If you see error messages on the console, please expand them as much as possible, but at least by 3 levels. Usually you can do this by clicking the gray triangle next to the error on the console.
Right-clicking the Console, find and click "Save as..." This will save the console's contents into a log file.
Create a support ticket for the Tresorit Support Team
- Create a ticket, with the description of the error flow. The more information you disclose about the error, the sooner we might be able to respond and resolve it.
- Send us the error flow and attach the screenshots and the developer console's exported log.
Nevertheless, keep in mind that you should NEVER send your password or credit card information to us, or anyone else. Neither will we ever ask for your password for support purposes - or anything else.
Thanks for visiting this page and please let us know if you have questions or comments via email at support[@]tresorit.com.