Do your files look different between your computer, tablet, phone, or on Tresorit's Web Interface? Is the sync function failing to complete?
You're most likely experiencing a syncing issue.
Fixes for sync issues can range from easy to complex, but any solution will require you to take some action. This step-by-step article will walk you through troubleshooting steps and will solve the majority of the cases.
We know restarting the app sounds unoriginal at first, but there are some cases where the app has been running for a long time and it interfered with another application. This might have caused the sync issue. So before proceeding please restart the Tresorit app and check if the sync issue persists.
Restarting the app has not helped? Then let's take a step further:
Please check what happened and try to see several platforms to narrow down the issue to one platform if possible? Which file/folder were you modifying and how when you experienced the discrepancy?
Is sync switched on?
Click on a tresor and on the right-hand side you will see a sync toggle. Make sure it is turned on if you'd like to sync between folders on your computer.
Is the tresor synced to the correct local folder?
The Sync function connects your tresor (the folder in the cloud) to a folder on your hard drive. Make sure the connected folder is the correct one and that you are making the modifications in that folder on your hard drive.
How to see where it's connected:
- Either you can click on the path located on the right-hand side of the application
- Or you can click on the tresor and select "More" and then "Reveal in Finder" on Mac or use "Open in Explorer" on Windows.
There might be cases, when a simple check on how your tresors and files are organized might not help. In these cases we recommend taking the following step-by-step review:
- Is your issue connected to a Conflicted copy? Learn more about Conflicted files here.
- Do you have any invalid characters in the names of the files or folders? Learn more about invalid characters in file names here.
- Do you have any symbolic links that could generate an infinite sync cycle?
- Unfortunately, Tresorit's architecture does not allow the syncing of symbolic links and junctions. Please make sure to remove them so Tresorit can sync properly.
- Are you syncing to a folder located on a flash drive, external drive or network drive?
- If that's the case, please make sure the drive is connected to your computer.
- Is the "Selective Sync" option turned on? The "Selective Sync" option lets you sync folders and files selectively and in that case, empty folders can re-appear in deleted folders. Learn more about how selective sync works here.
- There might be cases when you run into a configuration issue of your windows: Are you syncing to a folder where you do not have 'writer rights'?
- If you are and administratior on your computer you migt be able to modify your settings, if not, please contact your administrator.
- If the Sync is turned on using the correct folder and you can still see some discrepancy, please check the Activity of that tresor.
- Click on "Activity" next to the tresor in the application, what results can you see there?
- Check the tresor's content in the application and on the Web Client as well.
- Log in to the Tresorit Web interface here.
- Could you find any difference in the content?
We hope we could help you with your case, thank you very much for your time and dedication, we appreciate all your effort.
If none of the above mentioned clues helped, please contact the Tresorit Support Team. Thanks for your cooperation, have a nice day!