In this tutorial, learn more about:
- What is the Kaspersky and Tresorit promotion?
- Promotion terms and eligibility
- What do I get with this special offer?
- Is there a deadline to redeem this offer?
- Getting started with Tresorit Premium
- I want to access my Tresorit Premium. How do I get started?
- I am already a Tresorit user. Can I use my old account?
- Can I transfer my promotional account to another Tresorit account?
- How do I check whether I successfully upgraded or not?
- I can’t redeem my free Tresorit Premium account. What should I do?
- Payment and Billing
- Will I be charged if I sign up for Tresorit Premium via this deal?
- Why should I submit my credit card details to claim the free Tresorit Premium account?
- There is a $1 hold on my card. Why is that?
- I have a different, payment related question.
- End of promotion and renewals
- How do I check the expiry date of my plan?
- What should I do if I wish to keep my Premium account at the end of the promotion?
- What should I do if I wish to upgrade to Tresorit for Business?
- What happens if I change my mind and don’t want to keep my plan?
What is the Kaspersky and Tresorit promotion?
We’ve teamed up with Kaspersky to offer free secure collaboration via Tresorit Premium for Kaspersky users who purchased Kaspersky Total Security – multi-device. For one year, Eligible users will gain a 1-year free subscription to Tresorit Premium.
Promotion terms and eligibility
What do I get with this special offer?
You can use Tresorit Premium for free for 1 year. Your free year starts on the day when you redeem your promotional code and sign up on www.tresorit.com/offers/kaspersky2016.
Is there a deadline to redeem this offer?
The promotion must be redeemed as specified on the promotional email or leaflet you received from Kaspersky Lab.
Getting started with Tresorit Premium
I want to access my Tresorit Premium. How do I get started?
Look for the 16-digit promotional code in the email you received from Kaspersky Lab after your purchase, or on the packaging of your Kaspersky product. Follow these steps to activate your free Premium subscription:
- Visit https://tresorit.com/offers/kaspersky2016
- Enter your account information to activate your Premium subscription.
- Submit your unique promotion code to make sure the offer is applied. Contact Kaspersky customer support if you need further assistance finding your promotional code
- If you are new to Tresorit and don’t have an account yet, you will need to create one. You can do it, by completing the process under the link in the first step.
- Keep your password safe: Tresorit doesn’t store your password and we won’t be able to recreate it to you if you lose it.
I am already a Tresorit user. Can I use my old account?
This promotion is available also for those who already have a Tresorit account. The same process (described in the previous question) will apply. The only difference is that you will have to make sure to use the same email address that is already linked to your Tresorit account to redeem this promotion.
Can I transfer my promotional account to another Tresorit account?
You can redeem the promotion using any Tresorit Premium account. The promotion will only apply to this account, and can’t be transferred once redeemed.
How do I check whether I successfully upgraded or not?
Visit your Account Portal to learn more about your plan under ‘Current Plan’. If it says Tresorit Premium, then your upgrade was successful.
I can’t redeem my free Tresorit Premium account. What should I do?
- To avoid any issues, please make sure to submit your unique promotional code when you subscribe to Tresorit.
- Double check that the email you used to claim the free Tresorit Premium account is the same one you used to sign up to Tresorit, (especially if you already have a Tresorit account).
- If you have verified the steps above and still are not able to access your promotional Tresorit Premium account, please contact our support team.
Payment and Billing
Will I be charged if I sign up for Tresorit Premium via this deal?
No. You will only be charged if you want to continue using Tresorit Premium when your first year has ended. Throughout the promotion, you will get full access to Premium features and storage.
Why should I submit my credit card details to claim the free Tresorit Premium account?
We ask for your credit card so that the transition will be smooth for you when the trial is over. Don’t worry, you can cancel after a year and no charge will be applied to your card.
There is a $1 hold on my card. Why is that?
Some accounts will show a $1 hold on their statements. This is an authorization hold, a banking procedure to corroborate that your card is valid and the necessary funds are available in your account before the order is charged. The hold will be liften if the order is cancelled, and will not result in a charge.
If a bank authorization can’t be ruled out, please submit a support request at our Support Portal and we'll be happy to investigate the issue.
I have a different, payment related question.
Please visit the Payment/Billing section of our Knowledge Base to learn more about how Tresorit payments work.
End of promotion and renewals
How do I check the expiry date of my plan?
Visit your Account Portal to learn more about your plan and see when your free promotion expires. You can also submit and update your credit card details under Billing.
What should I do if I wish to keep my Premium account at the end of the promotion?
You don’t need to do anything. Your trial will automatically change to a paying subscription (monthly or annual) after the trial has ended and your credit card will be charged accordingly.
What should I do if I wish to upgrade to Tresorit for Business?
You can upgrade easily via you Account Portal to Tresorit for Business. Please note that promotional terms will only apply to Tresorit Premium plans and will get lost upon the upgrade and the Tresorit for Business trial will not be available.
What happens if I change my mind and don’t want to keep my plan?
You can cancel the trial at anytime and avoid charges once your trial promotion is almost up. A cancelled Premium account reverts to a Basic account after cancellation and whatever space limit you had prior to the upgrade (for Basic users this is 3 GB plus any space you've earned through referrals or other bonuses).
If you do cancel before the promo expires, you will only revert back to a Tresorit Basic account at the end of your subscription period.