Cloud Browser, the solution that lets you see your tresor's content without the need of syncing the entire tresor to your computer has been available for a while for all desktop users. However there are cases when downloading and re-uploading a file is not available, this is why we are introducing the Direct File Open for Windows and Mac.
Learn how to use Direct File Open:
In case of editing small files via the Cloud Browser you will be able to change them without the download/upload process by enabling the <Direct file open>. As this is a beta feature only, you will have to enable this option by performing the following steps:
- Open <Settings>.
- Under <General Settings>, you will see the option <Direct File Open> appearing
- Please enable this option
How long are temp files stored using DFO on Windows?
Temp files are stored for 60 seconds by default. Please note Tresorit (using Windows DFO) does NOT cache files, but Windows does. This is a computer-wide setting and can be changed in the registry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\MRxDAV\Parameters\FileNotFoundCacheLifeTimeInSec
In case of editing small files via the Cloud Browser you will be able to change them without the download/upload process by enabling the ‘Direct file open’. As this is a beta feature only, you will have to enable this option by performing the following steps:
- Open Preferences and press the <Alt / Option> button.
- Once you hold this button, you will see the option <Enable Direct File Open (beta)> appearing
- Please select this option
- Tresorit will ask you to install FUSE, that’s a necessity for the Direct File Open and you need to have admin rights to perform this action.
Once installed you will be able to open any file on double-click, even if the file is in a tresor that’s not syncing at the moment.