Dear Tresorit users,
We would like to show you a workaround if the DRM installation fails. You might not have the RMS installed correctly on your computer, so please let us show you a step by step guide to enable RMS.
Tresorit DRM is compatible with Microsoft windows 7 or later and Office 2010 or later.
1. Please click on this link to open the RMS installer download site: https://portal.azurerms.com/#/download
In case you cannot go to the link this way, please open your browser and paste the link above into its address bar.
2. Once the site has been loaded please click the Windows icon in the highlighted area
3. Click <Run> to start the Microsoft RMS installer
4. Click <Yes> to allow Windows to run the setup.exe file you have just downloaded:
The RMS installer need the .net 4.0 framework to install, this this package is missing from your machine you will get an error message when starting the installer. In this case you can download and install .net 4.0 from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17851
5. Click <Next>:
6. Please wait until all the modules are installed successfilly (it might take a few minutes depending on your computer's performance)
7. When everything is installed, click <Next>
8. Click Next again
9. Open the Tresorit application, click <Settings> and search for the <Show DRM credentials> button
10. Copy your credentials into the "Windows Security" window's matching fields! The buttons copy the relevant information to clipboard, so you just need to paste it by clicking in the matching textfield and pushing CTRL+V or Right click/Paste. Do not forget to check the Remember me and Remember my password boxes. Click OK.
If there is no prompt to enter the credentials try and delete the C:\users\<username>\Appdata\Local\Microsoft\DRM\ folder and restart the installation.
11. The authentication window can pop up several times. Keep pressing <OK> until the installation is finished.
12. Click <Close> to exit the RMS installation setup
13. Now you are able to open your previously synced RMS protected documents. Microsoft Office tools have to check your credentials online. Allow it by Clicking <OK>. Please do not forget to check the Don't show this message again checkbox.
We hope our installation guide helped you out, in case you have any further questions, please always feel free to contact us.