We’re glad that you are about to join Tresorit for Business. We look forward to helping you manage your work securely and faster!
In this tutorial, learn more about:
- What does it mean to join a Tresorit for Business collaboration team?
- How do I join my team?
- Where can I access domain policies?
- Will the Admin have access to files and documents stored in my tresors?
- Can I connect personal and work Tresorit accounts?
What does it mean to join a Tresorit for Business Account?
Tresorit for Business is a Tresorit subscription paid by your organization that allows you to access work files and collaborate with colleagues anywhere on any device securely. Whether you need to review a colleague’s presentation on the way or update the latest client proposal, Tresorit puts everything at your fingertips.
How do I join my team?
When the admin of your Tresorit Business plans invites you, you will receive an invitation email.
- Please follow the link and instructions in the email to sign up and join your organization's account.
- Please note that the invitation can be accepted from the Windows, Mac and Linux on desktop, Android, iOS, Windows Phone applications on mobile and via the Web Access.
- By joining your organization's Business Account you also accept that your Admin can set up security policies which might limit your access to some of the Tresorit features. Your Admins also have the right to regenerate lost passwords and revoke or suspend your access to your Tresorit account.
You can join in 2 simple steps:
- Check the "I accept..." box and clicking on ‘Join’.
- In some cases, we opt for more security and you might need to confirm your inviter's email address by entering it into a text field. Please note that you should not copy your inviter's email address for security reasons.
Where can I access domain policies?
Domain policies are customizable by Admins and the Account Owner, please contact your Admin for further information.
Tresorit for Business gives higher level of control to businesses and content owners, so as a Business user, you may find that your admin requires further steps for better account security (eg. setting up 2-step verification), has restricted certain features (like Encrypted link creation) and platforms (eg. Limited mobile access in case of strict BYOD policies).
Will the Admin have access to files and documents stored in my tresors?
By default, Tresorit’s zero-knowledge technology guarantees that Admins can’t peek into the content of your tresors. Admins can access usage stats, track used devices, set up company policies and manage billing, but unless you invite them to a shared tresor, they won’t have access to any of your files.
If your company has Advanced Control switched on, Admins will have the right to reset passwords and remove devices from the account of their Business users.
Can I connect personal and work Tresorit accounts?
Tresorit does not support connecting personal and work accounts for security reasons. We recommend setting up two separate accounts, so you can manage both of them separately. If you believe you received an invitation to Tresorit for Business with a wrong email address, please contact your Admin with the right email address, and they will be able to reassign the plan.
Thanks for your attention. Now that you know what it means joining a Tresorit for Business team, check out our Knowledge Base for further guides to get you up and running in no time. Getting Started articles are especially useful if you are new to secure file sharing. You can also download our short introductory guide (find it at the bottom of this article) and share it with others.
If you have questions or run into any difficulties you can always contact us.