The smallest shareable element is a file, but you can share folders within your tresors and your tresors as well. Working in shared tresors will keep collaborators continuously up to date. If you share a tresor or a folder with other people: its files will appear in their Tresorit folders just as they do in yours.
Any member of the shared tresor can add, delete, or edit files. Consider Tresorit Premium or Business plans for the ability of limiting others’ access and controlling what they can do with your files.
You can create tresors now that you can share with anyone even those who are not yet Tresorit users. Visit our step-by-step instructions on how to share folders below.
There are 2 ways to share a tresor on your Android pone or tablet device:
- Invite new members by adding them in the Tresorit app
- Invite new members via a link
1. If you log in to your Tresorit account on your phone / tablet, you will see the list of your tresors. Tresors are not synced to mobile devices (like in the desktop apps), but you will be able to access, download, share or mark offline any content you store.
2. Tap on the 3 dots next to the tresor (on the right handside), and a the tresor's menu will pop up in the app. Sharing will be your top option.
3. Click on < Share > and you will see who can access your tresor currently. By default, your tresor is not shared with anyone, so You are the only one who can access it.
4. 2 icons will be displayed on the bottom right corner of your screen, these allow you to choose between the 2 ways you can select to share on your Android device:
- Select the upper, 'link' icon to invite new members via a link
- Select the second 'plus' sign to invite new members by adding their email address
5. Select the Create link option if you wish to share with a bigger group of people, who can have the same access rights in the tresor. You can set an expiration date or add a password as an extra layer of security. Click create in the pop-up window and your link will be copied to your clipboard. Make sure to distribute the password and the link on separate and secure channels.
6. If you have a few people in mind to invite, go for the 'Invite new members' option: Enter the e-mail address(es) select the right which you would like to give. There are 3 rights to choose from.
The first one is the Viewer right which lets others access and see the documents but they cannot edit / modify the content (cannot change / upload / delete files, folders, ...). The second one is the Editor right which lets others see AND modify the content. And the third right, the default right is the Manager right which is the most powerful right, which not only lets others see and modify the files but they can share it with others as well. You can add a message which they will receive next to the invitation. You need to write the message in the < Optional: send message > field.
When you are ready tap < Invite >. Your invitee's email address will show up in the members list as pending.
Please note that ony those will receive the invitation automatically who already have a Tresorit account. For those who don't have a Tresorit account yet you will have to send the invitation manually.
Thank you very much for your attention, please check our related topics: