If you heavily rely on your iPad when you need to work on the go, this feature is for you. From now on, Tresorit for iOS will support editing files via your mobile device. This means that unlike before, when you add changes to files stored in one of your tresors, you won’t need to manually download them to edit and re-upload later. The Tresorit app will take care of it in the background.
Simply open the file from the tresor where it is stored, make any changed if needed and simply save it. You won’t have to download a local copy of the file to your mobile device, editing will be saved directly without the need to download and re-upload. This Tresorit feature will run smoothly with Pages, Ms Office apps and GoodReader and may also work with other apps too.
Please set this feature up by following the steps below. It won’t take more than a minute.
Note: print-screens are taken in the GoodReader app, please scroll down for more info on setup in Pages and MSWord.
1) Open and log in to the Tresorit app.
2) Go to your sidebar. You can open it up with the double arrow in upper right corner.
3) Tap <Import> then choose <Open file from iCloud Drive>. You can access third party storage providers from here, as well as on iCloud.
- By choosing <Open ...> the selected file will be directly opened from the provider (ie. Tresorit) and modifications will be saved there. We recommend this option to save time while keeping protected.
- By choosing <Import …> the selected file will be copied over to GoodReader and modifications will be made on a copy of the file that you will have to manually upload back to Tresorit.
4) Tap <Locations>.
- If you see Tresorit in the <Locations> menu, then please go to step 6.
- If you do not see Tresorit, then tap <More>.
5) Enable Tresorit by switching the toggle on.
6) Select Tresorit from the <Locations> menu.
7) Go to the file that you would like to open. Select it and it will be downloaded and opened in your word processor (i.e.GoodReader).
8) Edit or add changes to your file and this moment on, modifications will be saved to Tresorit.
How to set this feature up in Pages? The above mentioned process will be similar. You can add Tresorit under <Create a document> icon:
How to set this feature up in MS World? The above mentioned process will be similar. You can add Tresorit under File / Open / More:
Thank you for your attention. Visit our Knowledge Base for more info about Tresorit and other useful info on features.