Deleting your Tresorit account is a permanent action and there’s no way to reverse it. Read on if you wish to cancel your subscription and leave Tresorit for good.
Avoid data loss
Make sure you transfer the ownership of your tresors to someone else. After you delete your account, syncing will stop and your owned tresors will be deleted from the cloud. Collaborators will receive a notification that they don’t have access to the tresor anymore. They will still be able to access the data they synced to their computer, but new changes won’t sync anymore.
📝 Note: Deleting your account will not delete the files in the tresors synced to your hard drive or synced to the computers of those you are collaborating with. Learn how to remote wipe data from your devices.
Personal data handling
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal data, we will either delete or anonymize it as soon as it is technically possible.
If your personal data is held by us on behalf of your company, we will retain such personal data in accordance with the terms and conditions of our data processing agreement with them, subject to applicable law.
Cancel your subscription
If you are on a paid plan, you should cancel your subscription and downgrade to a free plan first. If you delete your account, but do not cancel your subscription, you will still be charged when the next payment is due. Skip this step if you are already on the Basic plan.
How to delete your account: if you can log in
- Log in to Web Acces.
- Head to your Profile tab under My Account.
- Scroll down to the Delete Tresorit Account section.
- Click Delete account.
- Enter your password on the pop-up.
- Click Confirm.
- Open the confirmation email.
- Click Delete my account.
- Select a reason and let us know why you chose to delete your account.
- Click Delete account.
How to delete your account: if you forgot your password
This process will usually be completed in 90 days in the normal course of operations.
- Open Tresorit on desktop.
- Click Sign up.
- Enter your current email address with a new password.
- If you add the new password, a red notification will appear telling you that this account has already been created with a different password and it asks you whether you wish to delete your profile.
- Click on the URL to delete your account.
- You will receive an email from Tresorit, asking you to confirm the action.
- Follow the link in the email.
- Take the questionnaire.
We are sorry to see you go!
Still have questions left? Drop us a line