Deleting your Tresorit account is a permanent action and there is no way to reverse it. Access to files you have synced to the cloud will be terminated, and all the tresors whose owner is you will be deleted resulting in files you have uploaded to the cloud being deleted. However, files synced to your computer will not be affected and can be uploaded again to Tresorit, after you have created a new account.
What happens to my data when I delete my Tresorit account?
There are a number of items that require your attention when you delete your account:
- As mentioned above, you will no longer be able to access your Tresorit account.
- All tresors you created, and the files in them, will be deleted from the cloud and unavailable to those you are collaborating with.
- Any computers or mobile devices that you have linked to your Tresorit account will stop syncing.
- Note: Deleting your account will not delete the files in the tresors synced to your hard drive, or synced to the computers of those you are collaborating with.
Deleting your Basic account will begin the processes of permanently deleting your account and file data. This process will usually be completed in 90 days in the normal course of operations.
What happens to my personal information when I delete my Tresorit account?
Tresorit reserves the right to store your e-mail address for 1 year after your user account has been deleted. This same provision applies to the invitations you have sent out, as Tresorit will store such information for 90 days after the invitations validity has expired. Upon the expiry of the aforementioned deadlines, Tresorit shall permanently delete all the data associated with your Tresorit account.
As a first step, before taking action please check your subscription status.
If you're a Tresorit Premium, Business and Enterprise subscriber, first cancel your subscription.
- If you are on a Premium Plan you can do it manually from your Account Portal.
- If you are a Tresorit for Business or Enterprise user, but not the admin of your team and you would like to delete your account, you'll need to contact your Admin.
- Tresorit for Business and Enterprise Admins can remove accounts (and reassign seats) from the company’s account as needed via the Admin Center and manage the company’s subscription too.
If you downgrade, you'll still finish any time remaining on your current subscription before the Tresorit quota granted by your Premium, Business or Enterprise subscription expires. After downgrading, your account will no longer automatically renew and no further renewal charges will be applied from that account.
If you have cancelled your subscription and returned to a Basic account, you can follow these instructions to delete your Tresorit account:
Open a Tresorit desktop app, where signup is available. Click on <Sign up>. You will need to sign up to Tresorit again with your existing mail address and a different password.
Please note that the account deletion is only available from Windows, Mac and Linux apps and is not available from Web Access and Mobile apps.
Enter your existing mail address and a new password. If you add the new password a small, red window will appear that tells you that this account has already been created with a different password and it asks you whether you wish to delete your profile.
Click on <Click here to delete your account>. Then to confirm the deletion by following the link you received from Tresorit to your email inbox. The link will take you to the following website:
If you change your mind please choose the first option. If you choose to proceed please also answer the short question on the site – it helps us a lot. Once you have selected the reasons you will be notified that your account has been cancelled:
We are sorry to see you go.
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions or comments, we are here to help.