Your tresors work just like any other folder on your hard drive, even when you are not logged into your Tresorit account via your desktop app. If the tresor is synced to your local computer, then copying, moving and deleting files will work just like it would for your local files.
In fact, we recommend moving all of your important files to Tresorit to keep them in sync and secure. Working on your files straight out of your tresors will let you take advantage of many useful features like version history and mobile access.
If you wish to rename or move files that are not synced to your device, you can do that easily via the Cloud Browser. This feature will let you copy or move the files within the tresor they are already in without downloading and re-uploading them one-by-one or syncing the entire tresor.
In this tutorial, learn more about:
- How to copy, move or delete items in Tresorit?
- Can I select multiple files?
- Will those who can’t edit my files be able to move, copy or rename them?
- I am a Tresorit for Business user. Is this feature available for DRM protected tresors?
- Is this feature available for Tresorit for Mobile or the Web Access?
How to copy, move or delete items in Tresorit?
Please follow these instructions:
- Open the Tresorit desktop app and log in.
- Click on any of your tresors and its content will be displayed on the right side of the client.
- Select the file you wish to copy, move or rename and right click on it.
- Click the action in the list you wish to take.
- If you want to move or copy, Tresorit will open up a new window to help you find the the new location within the tresor.
Note that renamed, copied or moved files will lose their version history, will not be available for offline access on mobile devices if they were previously favorited and encrypted links will also have to be recreated. The file will be available under the new name or location but the original one will get deleted upon this change.
- Click <Proceed> to finish the process.
How to move an item:
Can I select multiple files?
You can select multiple files to copy, move or rename:
- On Windows and Linux: SHIFT+Click and/or CTRL+Click on Windows and Linux
- On Mac: instead of CTRL use CMD+Click
Will those who can’t edit my files be able to move, copy or rename them?
No, this feature is not available for users with Viewer permissions. Please note that if you are a Viewer in a tresor this feature (similarly to other file editing operations) will not work for you.
I am a Tresorit for Business user. Is this feature available for DRM protected tresors?
Yes, you will be able to copy, rename and move files within DRM protected tresors too.
Is this feature available for Tresorit for Mobile or the Web Access?
Yes, you will be able to copy, move or rename files within your tresors via Tresorit for Mobile and the Web Access too. Simply select the file which’s name or location you wish to change, tap ‘More’ and select the action you want to take.