WHY USE TRESORIT INSTEAD OF SECURE FTP?
Though secure FTP is a well-established solution for transferring files securely Tresorit offers many benefits over SFTP when it comes to administration, rapidly changing files and group permissions.
Administration and group management
- There is no need for maintaining a (S)FTP server, taking care of backups and operation system and/or hardware updates. Tresorit offers the convenience of the cloud storage and its benefits (automatic backup, uninterrupted service) combined with an easy to use user interface for uploading, sharing and syncing files.
- In case of SFTP, passwords and/or public keys need to be transferred between the client and the server to provide access. Tresorit employs a zero-knowledge protocol that ensures that your password and private keys are never transferred in any reversible form while still providing the possibility to grant access as easy as a single click.
- You can create multiple tresors and share them with different people. In the case of SFTP, granting/revoking permissions to groups or users would require administrator interaction on the server.
File synchronization and versioning
- Tresorit allows you to turn your local folders directly into tresors. There is no need to manually copy the files to or from the remote FTP folder. Tresorit automatically synchronizes the changes between your local folder and the cloud whenever you or others changed any file within the tresors.
- There is no accidental overrides in case of two people modify the same file at the same time. While FTP would silently overwrite the files on the remote FTP folder, Tresorit automatically detects the parallel modifications and gives you the chance to review and resolve conflicts.
- More importantly, Tresorit keeps the complete modification history of your tresors, including older versions of your files. You will be able to see who modified the files when and even download any previous version of the files.