If you forget your Tresorit password, there’s no way to recover it. When this happens and you don’t have a device where you are signed in, your only option left is to re-create your account.
📝 Note: If you are a user in a Business Subscription and Advanced Control is turned on, your admin can reset your password.
But before doing so, try checking your language and keyboard settings and try as many passwords as you can.
What will happen
Your plan, storage size and email address will remain the same, but you won’t have access to files and folders you stored in the cloud. If your files were synced locally, all you need to do is to re-upload them to your new account later.
How to re-create your account
- Open the Tresorit desktop app.
- Click Sign up.
- Enter your current email address with a new password.
- If you add the new password, a red notification will appear telling you that this account has already been created with a different password and it asks you whether you wish to delete your profile.
- Click on the URL to delete your account.
📝 Note: Keep this window open! You will need to come back later to finish sign-up.
- You will receive an email from Tresorit, asking you to confirm the action.
- Follow the link in the email.
- Take the questionnaire.
- Return to Tresorit.
- Finish sign-up.
Still have questions left? Drop us a line