We designed Tresorit in a way that when you sign up, the name and the email address you provide are included in many of the security certificates used by the app to keep your account and data safe. This is the reason why it’s not possible to change your email address and/or name via the Tresorit Apps or the Web Access.
However, we realize that sometimes, changing an email address is a necessary part of the workflow –like when your company changes the email domain or when you move to a new email provider. To make sure that you are able to continue using your Tresorit account with your new email, we came up with the following workaround:
- Create a new free Tresorit account. You can do it easily after signing out from any of your Tresorit apps or via https://web.tresorit.com/signup.
- Use your new email address to create the new account. Please note that Tresorit will display your name in tresor sharing notifications, you don’t have to change that in your new account.
- Invite the new account to all of your tresors via your old account.
- Transfer the ownership of your tresors to the new account. Please note that we won't be able to transfer your files automatically, since neither our customer support team nor our admins have any access to your data.
- Email to Tresorit Customer Support. Our specialists will transfer your existing subscription to your new account. You will have access to your previous plan, including all storage space you earned or bought as well as all the advanced features you had access to with your previous subscription.
- Once the transition is completed, you’ll receive a confirmation message from our team. If you are sure that you have moved all your files to the new Tresorit account, feel free to delete the old one.