In this tutorial, learn more about:
- What are templates in Tresorit for Business?
- How can I create new Policy templates?
- How can I assign users to templates?
- Can I assign a user to multiple Policy templates?
- Can I share a set of tresors with a Policy template?
What are templates in Tresorit for Business?
The Owner and the Admins of a Business Account can apply policy templates to a set of users and set different policies to each template. Also, the Owner and Admins can modify these policies at any moment.
Policy templates include:
- 2-Step Verification
- IP filtering
- Timeout policies
- Allowed Devices
- Sharing policies
Click here to learn how to create and modify policies.
How can I create new Policy templates?
By default, your account includes a predefined policy template named ‘Default’. To create a new template, just follow this step-by-step guide.
How can I add users to templates?
Business Account Owners and Admins can assign users to a template by accessing ‘Users’ at the Admin Center. Note that users must be members of the Business Account in order to be eligible and upon joining all users will be added to the 'Default' template, unless you set the invitation up in a different way.
- Click on <Admin Center> in you Tresorit desktop app, and the Admin Center will be opened in your browser. Provide your password to access your Admin Dashboard.
- Select <Users>.
- Select all the Users you wish to move from one Policy template to another.
- Select <Change template> on the top of the page and select the template you want to move the user/users into.
- Changes will apply instantly.
Please note, that you can add any number of new templates under the <Policies> section of the Admin Center.
Can I assign a user to multiple Policy templates?
No, each user can only be assigned to one Policy template.
Can I share a set of tresors with the users on one Policy template?
Unfortunately, this feature is not available yet: template membership will not define the set of tresors that a user can access. To sum it up, you cannot select a template to share your tresors with.
So, how does sharing a tresor work then? Once you create a tresor you can invite users by creating and sharing a link, or you can add their email addresses directly. Don’t worry: you can add multiple users to a tresor with just a click.