In this tutorial, learn more about:
- What are groups in Tresorit for Business?
- How can I create new groups?
- How can I assign users to groups?
- Can I assign a user to multiple groups?
- Can I share a set of tresors with a group?
What are groups in Tresorit for Business?
The Owner and the Admins of a Business Account can create user groups, and set different policies (permissions) to each of them. Also, the Owner and Admins can modify these policies at any moment.
Group policies include:
- 2-Step Verification
- IP filtering
- Timeout policies
- Allowed Devices
- Sharing policies
Click here to learn how to create and modify group policies.
How can I create new groups?
By default, your account includes a predefined group named ‘Default’. To create a new group, just follow this step-by-step guide.
How can I add users to groups?
Business Account Owners and Admins can assign users to a group by accessing ‘Users’ at the Admin Center. Note that users must be members of the Business Account in order to be eligible as group members and upon joining all users will be added to the 'Default' group, unless you set the invitation up in a different way.
- Click on <Admin Center> in you Tresorit desktop app, and the Admin Center will be opened in your browser. Provide your password to access your Admin Dashboard.
- Select <Users>.
- Select all the Users you wish to move from one Group to another.
- Select <Change Group> on the top of the page and select the group you want to move the user/users into.
- Changes will apply instantly.
Please note, that you can add any number of new groups under the <Groups> section of the Admin Center.
Can I assign a user to multiple groups?
No, each user can only be assigned to one group.
Can I share a set of tresors with a group?
Unfortunately, this feature is not available yet: group membership will not define the set of tresors that a user can access. To sum it up, you cannot select a group to share your tresors with.
So, how does sharing a tresor work then? Once you create a tresor you can invite users by creating and sharing a link, or you can add their email addresses directly. Don’t worry: you can add multiple users to a tresor with just a click.