The Account owner and the Administrators of a Tresorit for Business account can turn team members into administrators. If your colleagues are new to Tresorit, they will need to accept your invitation to your company/team’s account before you can upgrade their role to Administrator.
In this tutorial, learn more about:
- How to upgrade a team member to the Administrator role?
- What can Administrators do?
- How do I transfer the ownership of my Tresorit for Business account?
How to promote a team member to Co-Admin role?
- Please log into the Tresorit application on your desktop app by clicking <Admin Center>, or access directly via the Web Access.
- Select the user whose role you would like to change under the <Users> tab.
- Once you have selected the user, go to the <Status> section under the Account info tab and click on <Promote to Co-Admin>.
- Confirm the changes on the pop-up window.
The Account owner and Co-Admins of your company/team’s account in Tresorit for Business will be able to revoke other Admins’ permissions following the same procedure.
What can Co-Admins do?
Admins of a Tresorit for Business account can:
- Invite new users to the domain.
- Remove or suspend members from the account.
- Modify the role of existing members (except the Account Owner).
- Move members from one Policy template to the other.
- Set up and modify policies.
Please, note that only the Account Owner is able to access billing settings, such as credit card details and invoices therefore Co-Admins can't purchase new licenses to add new users when the account runs out of vacant seats.
How do I transfer the ownership of my Tresorit for Business account?
Tresorit for Business accounts can have only one Account owner. However, this role is transferable. If you own an account and want to transfer the ownership to any other Administrator, just follow the same instructions described above.