The Account owner and the Administrators of a Tresorit for Business account can turn team members into administrators. If your colleagues are new to Tresorit, they will need to accept your invitation to your company/team’s account before you can upgrade their role to Administrator.
In this tutorial, learn more about:
- How to upgrade a team member to the Administrator role?
- What can Administrators do?
- How do I transfer the ownership of my Tresorit for Business account?
How to upgrade a team member to the Administrator role?
- Please log into the Tresorit application on your desktop app by clicking <Admin Center>, or access directly via the Web Access.
- Select the user(s) whose role you would like to change under <Users and devices>.
- Once you have selected the user(s), click <set role> and choose <Administrator>.
- Confirm the changes on the pop-up window.
The Account owner and Administrators of your company/team’s account in Tresorit for Business will be able to revoke other Admins’ permissions following the same procedure.
What can Administrators do?
Admins of a Tresorit for Business account can:
- Invite new users to the domain.
- Purchase slots to add new users when the account runs out of vacant seats.
- Remove members from the account.
- Modify the role of existing members (except the Account Owner).
- Move members from one group to the other.
- Set up and modify group policies.
Please, note that only the Account Owner is able to access billing settings, such as credit card details and invoices.
How do I transfer the ownership of my Tresorit for Business account?
Tresorit for Business accounts can have only one Account owner. However, this role is transferable. If you own an account and want to transfer the ownership to any other Administrator, just follow the same instructions described above.