Tresorit Outlook add-in helps you share big files with a single secure link directly from your Outlook app. By enabling the add-in you will have an easy way to use Tresorit to replace unsecure email attachments. While this solution might look like an attachment, it’s in fact a shared link, meaning no slow-down in sending emails, and no space limitations in your inbox.
In this tutorial, learn more about:
- How do I enable the Tresorit outlook add-in?
- How do I create secure attachments once I've enabled the add-in?
- How do I update the Tresorit add-in?
- How do I uninstall the Tresorit Outlook add-in?
- Is it available for all types of Tresorit accounts?
- What are the Supported Outlook versions I can use the add-in with?
How do I enable the Tresorit outlook add-in?
- Install Tresorit for Outlook via the Tresorit for Windows.
- Open the Tresorit app and visit <Settings> and click <Install Outlook add-in>.
- Follow the install wizard to complete the process. Please note that after the successful install, you will have to restart Outlook to access the feature.
- Visit the HOME ribbon of the mail Outlook window, and select the Tresorit group.
- Customize your add-in settings:
- Always want to attach files using the add-in (recommended)
- Use add-in only for bigger files
- Choose <never> if you want to use it occasionally
How do I create secure attachments once I've enabled the add-in?
There are 3 ways to attach files to emails using the Tresorit add-in:
- Use <Tresorit / Upload and Attach> button you can select a file.
- Use the <Include / Attach File> button. Please note that by choosing this option you are subjected to Outlook file size restrictions, defined by the email server.
- Drag & drop files. Please note that by choosing this option you are subjected to Outlook file size restrictions, defined by the email server.
Attach securely files by following this guide:
- When you're about to reply an email, click on <Pop out>.
- As you select the file, the upload will start right away. While it's being uploaded, you can set the expiration date, download limit and add a password for the link.
- Click <Create> when the upload is finished and you've customized the security parameters of the link.
- The Tresorit add-in will automatically paste the secure link into the body of your message.
How do I update the Tresorit add-in?
The add-in is updated automatically by your Tresorit client.
How do I uninstall the Tresorit Outlook add-in?
Open the Tresorit for Windows app, visit <Settings> and click <Remove Outlook add-in>.
Is it available for all types of Tresorit accounts?
- The add-in is free and for now only available for Tresorit for Windows users. You can enable it via your Tresorit for Windows desktop app.
- Link creation is available on all accounts.
- Expiry dates, limiting number of downloads and creating password protection are limited to Business accounts.
- Maximum file size will vary by subscription. For further information please visit our Help Center article for more details.
Please note the even though the add-in is not yet available for Mac and Linux users, both encrypted links and folder links are available to secure attachments. If you are affected by platform limitation, please create the link in the usual way and simply copy-paste it into your email.
What are the Supported Outlook versions I can use the add-in with?
Currently we support Outlook 2010, 2013 and 2016.