In addition to using Tresorit Web Access, we recommend that you download and install the Tresorit desktop application to get the most out of secure file sharing. Tresorit desktop apps are also available for Mac and Windows and are really convenient and fast.
You can create a tresor from any of your already existing folders, so there is no need to shuffle content around. Using a Tresorit desktop app is just like using any other folder on your hard drive. Using Tresorit will not interrupt your document management routines and all folders you turn into a tresor will automatically sync online and to any other computers or mobile devices linked to your account.
The application runs in the background and automatically keeps your files in sync and backed up online. It's like having the same folder on all of your computers and mobile devices at the same time.
Visit our website (https://tresorit.com) to downloading the latest apps.
- If you are considering Tresorit for Business or Premium you can sign up to our free trial here and you will receive the downloader as a part of the onboarding steps and You will be able to start the install process right away.
- If you wish to go for a Reader version please learn more here.
This quick tutorial will show you a step by step manual of installing Tresorit.
To install Tresorit you have to:
1. Download the installer (tresorit_installer.run) from http://tresorit.com/linux-private-beta
2. Start the installer which is a simple sh script (it's not recommended to run it with super user privileges, don't type sudo, unless you're perfectly aware what you're doing)
For example via terminal simply run the following command to run the script:
Alternatively you can make the installer executable and then run it:
chmod +x tresorit_installer.run; ./tresorit_installer.run
3. Follow the instructions
4. Once everything is completed, you can Sign in with your Tresorit account and start using Tresorit. If you need further help, please visit Tresorit For Linux FAQ
Thanks for taking steps for better security of your files. As now you have a working Tresorit app on your desktop, you can start managing your files safely and easily.
Should you have any further questions, feedbacks or remarks, please always feel free to contact us.