Tresorit offers easy ways to share files or folders. Shared folders are ideal for groups of people who would like to collaborate on the same files together.
The smallest shareable element is a file, but you can share folders within your tresors and your tresors as well. Working in shared tresors will keep collaborators continuously up to date. If you share a tresor or a folder with other people: its files will appear in their Tresorit folders just as they do in yours.
Any member of the shared tresor can add, delete, or edit files. Consider Tresorit Premium, Solo or Business plans for the ability of limiting others’ access and controlling what they can do with your files.
Visit step-by-step instructions on how to share tresors in Tresorit for Windows below.
There are 2 ways to share a tresor on your desktop device:
- Invite new members by adding them in the Tresorit app
- Invite new members via a link
Share a tresor by adding new users via Tresorit apps
Select the tresor you wish to share from the tresor list and a list of actions will appear on the right side of the Tresorit app.
- Click on < Share >
- Choose the < Invite members > under the < Share > button. Add the email address of those who you wish to invite to the < Enter email to invite > field in the pop-up window. You can also add a few words to the invitation message.
- Set up access permissions: change the default Manager (who can visit, change and re-share files) to a limited Editor or Viewer role. Please note that different levels of permissions is only available for Premium and Business users. Read more about how access permissions work.
- Click < Send invitation > when you added all who you wish to collaborate with. All new members will show up in the ‘Members’ list of the shared tresor as ‘pending’ contacts. They will have full access to the content as soon as they accept the invitation.
All invited members who have a Tresorit account will receive an automated invitation email to view your secure online folder.
To those who did not join to Tresorit yet you will have to send the invitation manually and the access will be provided only after registration. Your collaborator partners will be able to access your shared tresor without downloading the Tresorit App via the Tresorit Web Access.
Share a tresor via a link
Select the tresor you wish to share from the tresor list and icons will appear on the right side of the Tresorit app.
- Click on < Share>.
- Choose < Create a link > under the < Share > button.
- Add an extra layer of security to your invite link: you can set up ab expiry date to limit the availability of this link, and/or add a password.
- By clicking < Activate link> your link will be created and copied to the clipboard. You can paste it and transmit via any (secure) channels. Visit the tresor’s ‘Members’ list to get or remove any of your previously created invitation links. You can also create new ones.
New members, who join via your link will be able to access your shared tresor without downloading and / or registering to Tresorit. Those who received the invitation can choose to create a Tresorit account: in this case shared tresors can be added to their tresor list too.
Next Step: learn how to use Tresorit on multiple computers.
Should you have any further questions, feedback or remarks, please always feel free to contact us and please check our Getting started pdf attached.