This guide will be useful if you have enabled Direct File Open (DFO) or Tresorit Drive before, and you have issues with opening files directly from the Cloud Browser or you cannot access Tresorit Drive (usually T: drive)
As a first step please visit 'Settings' in the Tresorit for Windows App and confirm that you have DFO and/or Tresorit Drive enabled.
1. If the toggle buttons are gray (like in the image below) then the app is processing the request to start DFO and/or Tresorit Drive. Make sure to wait at least 1 minute before your continue.
- If you have administrator rights on your computer then please click on "Resolve issue". A pop-up window will appear with a list of recommended changes.
- If by allowing changes the "issues detected" notification disappears then you will be able to use DFO / Drive.
- If "Resolve issue" disappears, but "issues detected" not, then please read further.
- In case that your system / network is controlled by your system administrator, please contact with him/her and show him/her this page.
Frequent network connection issues, and how to solve them
Tresorit Drive is slow on Windows Vista / 7
Automatic proxy detection on Windows can cause significant delays in DFO / Drive operations. If you are not under a company proxy perimeter you can make DFO / Tresorit drive faster by disabling the automatic proxy detection feature of Windows. This is how you can do it:
- First open Internet Properties under the Control Panel.
- Select the Connections tab,
- Click on LAN settings button and un-thick the "Automatically detect settings" checkbox.
Learn more about this process and how to solve similar issues via Microsoft's support center: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2445570
Company proxy support
To set up DFO / Tresorit Drive add "drive.tresorit.com" to the proxy exclude list and please also make sure to opt for direct connection. If you are using manual proxy configuration then Tresorit Drive will be added automatically to this exclude list.
(Note: "drive.tresorit.com" points to your local machine [127.0.0.1] where Tresorit runs, so no proxy required to make it work.)
If you use your company's proxy then there is a chance that automatic configuration of the exclude might fail. Please read the following instruction to make sure this is the issue you are facing and contact your system administrator to fix it.
To check whether this is the case:
- Open Internet Properties under the Control Panel.
- Select Connections tab.
- Click on LAN settings button and check whether "Use automatic configuration script" or "Automatically detect settings" is checked.
- If you are the proxy administrator and you are editing PAC files manually then please modify the PAC file to match the following script:
- Please consult your proxy server's documentation for further investigation.
WebClient service is not running / installed
To enable Direct File Open (DFO) and/or Tresorit Drive, WebClient Windows Service should be installed and running. To check whether WebClient Windows Service is up and running please open the Services application (if you prefer command line, execute "services.msc") and search for the service called "WebClient".
- Check the Status column: it should say "Running" and the
- Startup Type column should NOT contain the text "Disabled". (The default setting on this is "Manual" or "Manual (Trigger Start)". The version you see depends on your operating system).
Please note that WebClient Windows Service by default is not installed on the server versions of Windows. To install this service:
- please open the "Windows Features" ("Turn Windows features on or off") application and
- Turn the "Desktop Experience" feature on.
- Restart your computer
If you cannot reach Tresorit Drive after restarting your machine please consider setting the WebClient service's Startup Type to Automatic.
Thank you so much for your attention. If you have questions or feedback, feel free to contact us.