Our encryption technology relies heavily on your directory’s structure. The individual encryption keys to to your files are stored in your tresors. In practice, this means that your files need to be decrypted and encrypted again before you can move them between tresors. As of now, this action is not supported in Tresorit apps. However, there are two alternative solutions for moving these items.
How to move files between tresors
- Tresorit Drive
- Synced tresors
- Open Tresorit.
- Navigate to Settings/ Preferences.
- Click Advanced.
- Enable Direct file open and Tresorit Drive.
- Open your file manager.
- Locate and open Tresorit Drive.
- Navigate to the item you want to move.
- Copy the file to its new location.
- Delete the original copy of the file.
If the tresors are synced to your desktop, you can simply move them in your file manager. This change will sync to Tresorit, then to other collaborator’s computers as well. Alternatively, you can also download the files, then upload them again to Tresorit, this time to another tresor.