When providing services to our business clients, we process certain non-encrypted data – such as user names, email addresses, file activities and login attempts. In these cases, we act as a data processor and process data on the company’s behalf.
If the GDPR applies to you as a business subscriber, this relationship needs to be regulated by a Data Processing Agreement signed by both parties.
Companies subscribed to Tresorit Professional, Business Standard, Business Plus and Enterprise plans, who are subject to the GDPR, are eligible to sign the Data Processing Agreement. You need to be an owner of the subscription to be able to access billing details and initiate the DPA-signing process, once you closed your trial period.
You need to be the Subscription Owner to start the signing process.
- Sign in to Web Access.
- Navigate to your Admin Center.
- Click Billing.
- Scroll down to Data Processing Agreement.
- Click Sign now.
- Before you begin, check your Billing info on the pop-up. This data will be used in the contract.
- Click Request DPA on the pop-up.
- You will receive an email from DocuSign on Tresorit's behalf.
- Click Review document.
- Do not sign the document if you don’t have legal authority to do so. In such case, you will need to reassign the Data Processing Agreement to an authorized signatory. Learn how 👇
- Check the box to start the signing process.
- If you cancel the process for now, you can come back any time to continue.
- You will receive a Data Processing Agreement pre-signed by Tresorit, please read the content carefully and double check your company data.
- If you agree with the terms of the document, Click Sign on the bottom of the page.
- Add your position and signature then click Adopt and Sign.
- Click Finish.
Follow the process in Admin Center
You can track your progress with the DPA in your Admin Center’s Billing tab, where you can cancel and restart the process when needed.
After we processed the document, the Subscription Owner will receive an email notification from Tresorit and the signed contract will be available for view and download in their Billing tab.
By default, the Subscription Owner is set as the signatory to the DPA – you can change this setting on DocuSign’s platform. If you choose to reassign the role, you won’t be able to sign or view the document.
📝 Note: Make sure that you assign the signatory role to a person who is authorized to sign the DPA on behalf of the company.
- Follow the DPA signing process up to step 10 ☝️
- Click Other Actions.
- Choose Assign to Someone Else.
- Enter the name and email address of the new signer.
- Enter a message.
- Click Assign to someone else.
- The new signer will receive an email and can continue the signing process from Step 11 ☝️
If you encounter any issues and can’t complete the process, contact our support team. They will initiate the signing process for you manually.
Still have questions left? Drop us a line