To provide and improve the Tresorit service Tresorit logs multiple user interactions that can be categorized into three main groups.
Access and content history logs
When using the Tresorit service, users can
- Log into devices on different platforms
- Invite other users to folders
- Create and share links
- Download links
- Update / Create / Delete files
- Upload to links
- Sign documents
- Send and receive encrypted emails
All the above are logged, and these actions along with timestamps and other relevant metadata are visible via different features in Tresorit, such as File Activity, Folder Activity, Permission Activity, and the Security page. All this data is also available to the Enterprise admin.
The retention of the above access and content history logs is linked to the lifecycle of the User, Folder or Link.
- Link history is deleted within 90 days after the link has expired or is deleted.
- File and folder and permission history is deleted within 90 days after the root folder is permanently deleted from the cloud.
- Device and browser session history is deleted within 90 days after the user is deleted.
Note: Deleted data may not be accessible within the 90-day period.
Application performance and error logs
In the Tresorit desktop, mobile and web applications, unexpected events, and performance data are logged on a per-device basis and sent to Tresorit servers.
These logs are used to troubleshoot errors in support cases and analyzed to identify unexpected changes in application behavior that can be identified by our engineers and acted upon. Logs are purged of sensitive information such as file names before being sent to our servers.
Unpurged logs may be requested during a support case from our support team. You may review these before you manually send them to us.
You can opt out of sending application performance and error logs on each device in the settings. Logs are kept for 90 days in an identifiable form that is linked to your account, after which they are either deleted or anonymized.
Note: Using the Tresorit web, mobile and desktop application will not trigger the creation of third-party marketing cookies.