Tresorit Business Plus Subscriptions are administered by one person who has an extended set of rights — the Subscription Owner. They manage the billing and users and they can also put security measures in place to protect confidential company data.
Business Plus Subscriptions can only have one owner — however, this role is transferable to co-admins.
Co-admin vs Subscription Owner
Tresorit Business Plus Subscriptions are equipped with an Admin Center, where admins can manage the billing, policies, and invite new users. There are two types of admin roles in the subscription: owner and co-admin.
- Invite new users (if there's an available license)
- Suspend other users from the subscription
- Revoke user devices
- Delete user accounts
- Manage policy templates
- Add or revoke Co-Admin rights
- The Subscription Owner can transfer the subscription to Co-Admins
- Unlink user devices
In addition to co-admin rights, subscription owners can also:
- Remote wipe user devices (if Advanced Control is on)
- Reset lost passwords (if Advanced Control is on)
- Purchase new licenses.
- Manage billing.
- Set up Active Directory.
- Add a custom branding.
- Sign the Data Processing Agreement.
How to transfer the ownership
- Open Web Access.
- Switch to Admin Center.
- Navigate to the Users tab.
- Hover over the user.
📝 Note: You will need to promote the user to a Co-Admin first.
- Click the gear on the right.
- Click Transfer ownership.
📝 Note: If Advanced control was switched on previously, then you won’t be able to transfer the owner role. You can disable the feature under Settings.
- Click Transfer ownership again to confirm.
Still have questions left? Drop us a line