Whether it’s a contract, a financial plan or a medical file, once you hit the Send button, you no longer have control over the files. With our add-in, you can secure your attachments directly from your Outlook app.
The attachment is encrypted directly on your device using end-to-end zero-knowledge encryption. Then, the add-in inserts the share link to your email body, providing you with the same level of security as in-app sharing.
- Revoke access to the files you share at any time
- Set an expiration date for the attachment
- Limit the number of downloads
- Add password protection
As of now, the add-in is available on Windows for Outlook versions of 10.5.5 and above. Unfortunately, this feature is not available on Mac and Linux.
How to enable Tresorit Outlook
- Open Tresorit on desktop.
- Click on your name in the bottom left corner.
- Navigate to Application settings.
- Click Advanced.
- Click Install, under Tresorit Outlook add-in.
- Restart Outlook.
Choose when to use Tresorit Outlook
When you first log in after you installed the add-in, you can choose when you want to use Tresorit attachments. You can change this setting later through your Outlook app.
How to create secure attachments manually
- When writing a new email, click Upload and attach on top.
- Select a file.
- Wait for the upload to complete.
📝 Note: These files will be uploaded to your Other Uploads folder in Tresorit; you can access or edit them any time.
- Secure your link by setting up an expiration date, download limit or password protection.
- Click Create.
📝Note: Tresorit clients will remember your local settings the next time you create a link.
- The add-in will paste the link into the body of your message.
Still have questions left? Drop us a line