This feature is available ✔️ for:
Platform: Windows, macOS, Web
Watermarking helps you add an extra layer of security and protection to your sensitive documents.
How to set up a watermark
- Open the Link settings tab of the file or folder you would like to protect with a watermark.
- Navigate to Advanced settings and enable Watermark.
- You can choose to add your own custom text and/or add the viewer’s open details.
- Click Customize layout to change font size, opacity, font color, and positioning. This option is only available using our web interface, please log in here: https://web.tresorit.com/login
- Click Apply changes, then Save the link settings.
📝 Note: When you enable watermarking, detailed access logs and requiring the recipients’ email to view will be enabled automatically as well.
How watermarks work
For documents, watermarks will appear on files when the viewer accesses your document through the shared link where watermarking is enabled in the Link settings. Viewers will see the watermark when previewing and downloading documents. All watermarked files will be downloaded as .pdfs.
When applying watermark to video files, some restrictions apply. To learn more about watermarking videos, read this article.
Once you set up a watermark for your document, you can still go back to the Link settings and edit it later. It’s also possible to enable or disable watermarking for a link after it’s been created.
You can choose to set a static text to be displayed, or a dynamic option where the viewer’s email address and the date and time of opening are displayed. Setting custom font colors and sizes is also possible, as well as customizing the watermark’s placement.
Supported file types
Tresorit uses PDFTron’s technology to watermark documents. The supported file types are .pdf, .docx, .xlsx, .ppt, .md, .jpg, .jpeg, .png and .bmp. When you create a shared link to a folder with watermarking enabled, only the supported file types can be viewed or downloaded.
Still have questions left? Drop us a line