This feature is available ✔️ for:
Plan: Business Plus, Enterprise
Platform: Microsoft Outlook on Windows
Email address: The same email address should be used for Outlook and for the Tresorit account.
Our new email encryption rules enable Tresorit administrators to control and secure confidential data sharing over email for their users.
Protect your data in new ways:
- Auto-encrypt emails sent to an untrusted recipient or any recipient outside of the company.
- Encrypt emails with attachments to maintain control over the data after the email is sent and prevent data leaks.
- Set email encryption rules to simplify the workflow of departments handling the most confidential data, e.g. Legal, Finance and HR teams.
- Administrators can set rules to auto-encrypt the whole email or attachments only.
- The rules are triggered based on recipients, the existence of attachments or a combination of these.
- Set specific rules for different user groups in your company.
Rules and triggers:
- Trusted email domains - List domains that you consider safe where additional security measures are not necessary
- Send emails to untrusted recipients - Auto-encrypt all emails that users send to recipients outside of your trusted environment
- Send emails with attachments to untrusted recipients - Auto-encrypt the whole email or enforce the replacement of attachments with encrypted links to recipients outside of your trusted environment
- Send emails with attachments - Auto-encrypt the whole email or enforce the replacement of attachments with encrypted links to all emails with attachments
The feature is available on the Policies page in the Admin centre.
Important: The rules are enforced only if the user has the Tresorit for Outlook plugin installed and enabled on a Windows machine.
Still have questions left? Drop us a line