This brief troubleshooting guide offers a few tips and steps you can take to fix the issue quickly when your Tresorit's Desktop App or the Web Client cannot connect to the internet.
How to investigate or solve cases, when Tresorit cannot connect to the internet?
If you receive an error message that states "No Internet Connection" there are a few options that you can explore before contacting Support:
- Review your connection with other websites and services. If other services are also unavailable it can mean that you've issues with connecting to the Internet, not the Tresorit servers.
- Restart your connection, Tresorit and/ or your device (- auch, sorry for this). If you experience difficulties in accessing other websites, we recommend resetting your network connection via your router. If you're on a company account, please contact your network administrator.
- Incorrect or failed proxy setups can also cause errors with network connection. Visit the Tresorit Settings/Preferences tab in your desktop app and disable “Auto-detect” item under Proxy settings in the Network tab. If the connection is re-established, your Proxy settings were incorrectly configured or not available.
- VPN services, can also have an outage or temporary error. If you're behind a VPN, we recommend disable the VPN if possible, then check your connection status with Tresorit. Make sure to re-establish your VPN connection after the test.
- There are cases when the firewall services cause connection issues. Please temporarily disable them and check if there is any change in the connection status.
- If none of the above-mentioned steps could solve the issue, please create a support ticket:
- Include the results of the above-mentioned steps.
- Include your local Log files. You can find your log files by following this guide.
The Tresorit Support team will try to help you to solve your issue as soon as possible. By completing the steps above and including the results in your support ticket along with your local Log files, you'll greatly help our work to find out exactly what is wrong with your connection.
We will analyze your network logs and will provide you with a solution as soon as possible.
Thank you for your help and understanding.