This feature is available ✔️ for:
Early Access Program participants
Platform: Windows, Mac, Web
Supported document type: PDF
Creating eSign requests
- Click eSign on the left side of your Tresorit app.
- Click Create eSign request and select a .pdf document.
- Choose QeS (Qualified electronic Signature) by the signature type selector.
- Add your signers’ email addresses and set up an expiry date. If you are (one of) the signer(s), you should add your email address here (too).
Assign and modify fields for your signers.
You can add multiple fields to a single signer. You can easily adjust the size of your field; just click and drag the corners of the field.
📝 Note: If you don’t assign signature field(s) to the signer, the signature will be added on an extra page at the end of the document.
- You can review the signers and their corresponding fields before sending the document.
- Click Continue and send link.
- Copy the link and share it through a secure channel.
Customizing fields in your eSign requests
You can add the following fields to your documents:
- Name: For Tresorit users, Name fields get prefilled automatically (these can be modified).
Signature: New users need to add their name first, then they can select their preferred signature style. When they adopt their signature, it is applied to the signing field. Otherwise, the signature is applied with a single click.
📝 Note: If you don’t assign signature fields to a signer, their signature will be added on an extra page at the end of the document.
- Initials: Just like signing, new users first adopt a signature, and then their initials are applied to the document. This field’s style will mimic the signatures.
- Date signed: This field is automatically filled in with the date of the signing.
- Email: This field automatically populates with the recipient's email address.
- Optional and mandatory checkboxes: This is a standard box for recipients to select one or more options. You can select if the checkbox is optional or required.
🏆 Tip: If you have a scenario where your recipient must indicate explicit agreement, use a single checkbox and select the Required Field option.
You can easily adjust the size of your fields, just click and drag any of the corners of the field. You can delete fields by selecting them and pressing delete or backspace on your keyboard.