When a Qualified Electronic Signature request is created the sender requires the signer(s) to verify their identity before signing the document. This verification process is conducted by a Qualified Trust Service Provider (QTSP). A trust service provider (TSP) provides digital certificates to create and validate electronic signatures and to authenticate signatories.
🏆 Tip: You can learn more about Qualified electronic Signatures here: FAQ - Qualified electronic Signatures
Tresorit uses Evrotrust to help identify the signer of a document, who is listed as a European trust service provider. After successful identification a digital certificate is issued to the signer, which is automatically attached to their signature during the signing process, thus ensuring that the signer's identity is verified and supervised.
📝 Note: Evrotrust does not have an access to the Qualified Electronic Signature request made via Tresorit, thus the documents cannot be found in their mobile application after signing.
Prerequisites and process of identification
- Download the Evrotrust mobile application to your mobile from your from the App Store / Google Play Store
- Register to the Evrotrust mobile application, as described in the Evrotrust Registration Demo video. For best result we suggest using your passport to verify your identity, as all EU passports are supported by Evrotrust. Most ID cards are supported as well. For additional information see the list of Evrotrust supported countries and documents please visit Evrotrust’s list of supported countries and documents page.
The following task should be performed within the mobile app to register and to go through the identity verification process:
- Setup a PIN and a password
- Scan the ID/passport of the signer
- Create a video selfie
- Verify the phone number & e-mail address
- After successful identity - and phone number verification a supervision process will be concluded by Evrotrust then the signer is able to sign QeS documents
To contact support, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms and conditions
- Evrotrust general terms and conditions
- Certification practice statement
- Evrotrust Trust Service Provider documents