This feature is ✔️ available for:
Role: Subscriptions Owners
Plan: Legacy Business with 10+ licences, Business Plus and Enterprise
Turn on Advanced Control for your Business Subscription for an added layer of security. After a user accepts changes in data protection, Subscription Owners can reset their forgotten passwords and remote wipe lost or stolen devices.
What will change?
- Password reset, and ownership transfer will be disabled on the Subscription Owner’s account.
- Users will get notified of the change and will have to accept it to continue using Tresorit.
- The Subscription Owner will be able to delete user accounts, reset lost passwords and remote wipe lost or stolen devices for users who have already accepted policy changes.
Before you start
Before switching on Advanced Control, make sure you save your password to a Password manager (eg. LastPass or KeePass) or store it in a safe place.
The admin in charge of managing password resets and remote wipe will need to hold the subscription ownership.
How to switch on Advanced Control
- Head to your Admin Center.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Click Switch Advanced Control on.
- Click Next on the pop-up window.
- Enter your password.
Where can I track which users accepted Advanced Control?
Navigate to the Users tab in your Admin Center. A new column will appear in the list indicating the acceptance status.
This column disappears when all users have accepted the change. If the Subscription Owner turns Advanced Control off, users will need to accept the change again.
Will pending users have access to their Tresorit account and their files?
Access to Tresorit apps will be limited until they accept policy changes. However, the application will sync in the background, so that users can access locally synced tresors from their file browser or finder.
Still have questions left? Drop us a line