This feature is available ✔️ for:
Installing Tresorit Drive 2.0 requires administrator rights, which means your users might not be able to upgrade by themselves. However, there are two ways you can install Tresorit Drive 2.0 for your users in batch.
- Using Microsoft Intune to install Tresorit Drive 2.0
- Using Windows Group Policy to install Tresorit Drive 2.0
Using Microsoft Intune to install Tresorit Drive 2.0
- Add a new app by selecting the package file created using the Win32 app prep tool.
- Under App information, add a name and a publisher.
- Under Program, follow these steps:
Fill the Install command: cbfs-installer.exe -i
Fill the Uninstall command: cbfs-installer.exe -u
Install behavior: System
Set the return codes: 0 → Success, 2 → Soft reboot
- Navigate to Requirements and enter the operation system details according to your needs.
- On the Detection rules step, create a detection rule according to the following screenshot.
- On Assignments, assign the proper Intune group to this package.
- Review your steps.
- And you're done!
Using Windows Group Policy to install Tresorit Drive 2.0
- Open the group policy management console.
- Right-click your domain and then click Create a GPO in this domain, and Link it here.
- Name your newly created GPO and click OK.
- Right-click your newly created GPO and then click Edit.
- Expand computer or user configuration and then go to the following path:
Preferences → Control Panel Settings → Scheduled Tasks
- Right-click Scheduled tasks and then click New → Scheduled Task.
In the new task properties dialog box, provide the details of this task including action (choose create), run (choose script file), arguments (if any), comments, credentials and check Enabled at the bottom.
- Create script, for example cbfs-install.bat
- example command: cbfsDir\cbfs-installer.exe -i --cab-dir cbfsDir --dll-dir cbfsDir
In this example, cbfsDir is a networkshare folder where the files cbfs-installer.exe, cbfs.cab, cbfsconnect20.dll are located.
- Open Schedule tab and set the schedule for this task to run.
- Click Apply and then click OK.
- That’s it, you’re done!
Still have questions left? Drop us a line